I wrapped up my second "FitTrip" from Florida to New York recently—a road trip where I hit a few gyms and did my best to hit my macros with whole foods along the way.
While this was a shorter trip than the first, highlights include:
- Day 1 - Lifting at American Barbell Club in Gainesville, FL
- Day 2 - Lifting at Citadel Nutrition, in Atlanta, GA, hanging out with Robbie Farlow of SideQuest Fitness and chatting with a powerlifter on her best piece of advice for my first meet
- Day 3 - Sharing my nighttime routine for sleeping in my car
- Day 4 - Sharing my morning routine
- Day 5 - Lifting at Iron Sport Gym and coming home to my dog!
My first FitTrip was from San Francisco to Florida:
- Day 1 - Grocery shopping for the road and lifting at Barbell Brigade in Los Angeles, CA
- Day 2 - Lifting at Independence Gym in Scottsdale, AZ
- Day 3 - Lifting at Gold's Gym in El Paso, TX
- Day 4 - Thanksgiving in Texas with Tanner Baze of...Tanner Baze Fitness!
- Day 5 - Locked out! Tanner and I *try* lifting at Nautilus in Sherman, TX
- Day 6 - Lifting at (the other) Nautilus in Sherman, TX
- Day 7 - I took the day off to eat donuts, pizza, and have a second Thanksgiving.
- Day 8 - Back to Nautilus. Temporary tattoos. Shopping at Walmart.
- Day 9 - Lifting at Hyde Park Gym in Austin, TX
- Day 10 - Lifting at Body Doctor's Gym in New Orleans, LA (My favorite gym on the trip!)
- Day 11 - Lifting at Southern Elite Fitness in D'Iberville, MS
- Day 12 - Lifting at Powerhouse Gym in Tampa, FL
If you have any questions about keeping up with your workout routine when you're traveling, let me know!